Careers at Superior Diesel
Our Values, Purpose, Vision, and Mission define who we are. Our commitment to our culture powers opportunities for our team members and innovative solutions for our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth
- Relational Connectedness
- Doing the right Thing
Develop People to Develop the Business
Create Value to Create Opportunity
Through: People, relationships, solutions, and products
We offer our people limitless opportunity for excellence by providing our customers state of the art, competitive, and world-class power solutions. However, it isn’t good enough just to know our products and our company. If we are going to be successful applying power solutions into a customer’s equipment, we need to make a customer’s business our business and show them we are the best partner in the industry. Customers need a power solution provider that knows their applications, knows their customers, knows their business, and knows we will provide the highest level of support when they need it. We make the customers’ business our business.
Associate Product Manager
In conjunction with the Kohler Product Manager, develop and implement successful product and marketing strategies to profitably grow sales of a designated product line to both existing and new customers and applications throughout the territory. This position is on-site at our Rhinelander WI facility. There is an on-site training period with the team and then possibility to forward into a hybrid role.
Product Design & Selection
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of available products for potential customer applications and how they can best be utilized
· Develop a comprehensive understanding (strengths, weaknesses) of competitive products offered within the territory.
· Assist salesman with engine product selection
· Develop and implement successful strategies to maintain and / or grow market share with customer engine tier changes
· Coordinate prototype package development and promotion for assigned products.
· Train existing sales force to promote the features and benefits of assigned products.
· Developmental Responsibility - Gather market data (customer needs and competitive features) to drive competitive and differentiated engine package designs.
· Developmental Responsibility – Define functional specifications, features, and performance characteristics for new product power unit platforms. Guide engineering in the development of power unit engine platforms.
· Participate in material planning activity for assigned products. Work with sales force and order fulfillment coordinators to utilize existing tools and processes to forecast, plan, and procure material to assure competitive lead times for assigned products.
· Develop and implement alternate strategies to plan material, meet customer lead times and avoid excess or obsolete inventory.
· Develop and execute a phase out /transition strategy for discontinued products.
Market Analysis and Development
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of available customer applications and uses for products within the territory
· Utilize leads and market data to identify new customers and applications for assigned products.
Cost / Pricing Strategy
· Work with in-house engineering and purchasing groups to optimize engine packages for cost and customer value.
· Gather and organize competitive pricing feedback
· Assist Product Managers with cost estimates and pricing strategy for new products.
· Review margin reports to evaluate cost / pricing effectiveness
· Assist the annual pricing review process for assigned products.
Projections / Forecasts
· Assist with and provide short term and long term sales forecasts for assigned products
· Work with service group to identify and resolve customer product issues so as to assures repeat sales
· Assist with special projects as needed including new product evaluation, acquisition due diligence, and other
· Travel as needed (customer/vendor visits, application reviews)
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Strong typing skills
· Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Order entry experience preferred
· Ability to manage multiple orders/systems simultaneously
· Willingness to work and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment
· Ability to resolve orders/trouble thoroughly with initiative and urgency
· Exceptional listening, questioning and call control techniques
Education and Experience Required
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or Marketing is preferred
· A minimum of two to four years of experience in a similar product marketing environment is required
Our professional staff is ready to assist you with your drivetrain and diesel engine requirements in whatever market you serve. Our skilled engineers can custom design products to fit your specific application needs and our production team is experienced and well versed in application and assembly.CONTACT US NOW!