Superior Diesel offers engineering design assistance in all aspects of industrial and marine power application.
Our engineering staff works closely with you, our customer to develop specifications and provide design assistance whether simple or complex to meet your finished product requirements. Our engineers draw upon many years of experience in product design, control system needs and application testing to meet all application requirements from concept to production. We provide application testing of the final products under normal operating conditions in the field to ensure they operate within the manufacturer’s specifications. These test results will verify each application meets emissions standards and warranty acceptance. Customer satisfaction and trouble-free operation is directly related to proper installation. Our goal is to offer assistance to all our customers in applying current and future Tier engines properly, whether the need is working with your engineering staff or providing the design/engineering of the complete engine package. We believe that by getting involved in your engine application during your initial installation, we both will benefit by heading in the right direction from the beginning assuring a successful engine installation.
- Solidworks CAD Software – Solidworks 3D CAD design software enables us to design and analyze complex packaging quickly and efficiently while reducing costs and improving quality. Working in a 3D design environment also allows our engineers and customers to better visualize space, and access.
- Solidworks PDM (Product Date Management)- By using Solidworks data management software we are able to efficiently control our data in a single system which allows our engineers to manage and collaborate on product development.
- Design verification tools/capabilities
- Dynamometer Test Cell – We have a fully instrumented test cell with the capabilities to load test power units from 11 hp to 1000 hp in a controlled environment.
- Generator Load Bank – Our load bank has the capability to load test generator sets from 5 kw to 450 kw.
- Field Application Test Kits – These are portable application test kits that allow us to fully instrument and test any application under normal operation conditions to ensure it meets manufacturer’s application requirements.
Application Review FAQ
WHAT IS AN APPLICATION REVIEW?
An engineering service offered by Superior Diesel, including a series of field tests & OEM product documentation, to ensure the engine you purchased from us has been installed according to manufacturer’s application standards.
WHY DO WE PERFORM APPLICATION REVIEWS?
Engine manufacturers require it for any new engine application to ensure 1) proper performance, 2) emissions compliance, & 3) engine warranty.
WHEN DO WE PERFORM APPLICATION REVIEWS?
As soon as you have finished installing your first preproduction engine, have finished designing and assembling the piece of equipment to the point where it runs and can operate under normal conditions, but before regular production begins.
HOW LONG DOES AN APPLICATION REVIEW TAKE?
Most reviews can be conducted in 1 day on standard, pre-engineered power units. OEM supplied systems require additional testing & any further modifications could require additional time and possible retesting.
HOW IS AN APPLICATION REVIEW SCHEDULED?
Please communicate project status including expected completion date with your Superior Diesel Area Manager regularly, starting from the time the engine is delivered. Complete the Application Reporting Form and return to Superior Diesel Engineering Department as soon as possible.
WHAT MUST BE PROVIDED TO PERFORM AN APPLICATION REVIEW?
Be capable of operating the equipment under normal conditions and loads at a location that replicates a job site or a customer’s site. During testing, the equipment will need to work at the load cycles it was designed for. Please ensure the equipment is 100% complete as it would be built in full production when we arrive. The application review should be performed at a minimum ambient temperature of 70 degrees F or data may be inconclusive and require retesting to meet application specification acceptance.
Our professional staff is ready to assist you with your drivetrain and diesel engine requirements in whatever market you serve. Our skilled engineers can custom design products to fit your specific application needs and our production team is experienced and well versed in application and assembly.CONTACT US NOW!